Part of this blog is posting recipes that I have tried. I LOVE spinach and artichoke dip, but have never bought an artichoke in my life until last week. It was sitting in my fridge and tonight, while watching Housewives of NY, I decided to bake it up. I am not taking credit for this recipe, but I have shared it below with the original link. The olive oil, salt and lemon were yummy! I also dipped it in a little butter as well. I could have ate a couple more of them! Stay tuned for more recipes with artichokes!
- Rinse and trim the artichoke, cutting the stem off straight so that the artichoke can stand up on it’s own without tipping over.
- Spread artichoke petals open as far as possible without snapping.
- Between the petals: squeeze lemon juice, drizzle olive oil and broth and stuff garlic. Sprinkle the top of the artichoke with sea salt.
- Tightly double wrap and seal the artichoke with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Place artichoke, making sure that it is standing up straight so the liquid doesn’t come out (I put them packed together in a baking dish) in a pre-heated 425 oven and bake (medium-sized for 60 minutes, large for 90 minutes).
- Remove from oven and remove wrapping.